Thursday, March 25, 2010

Huckleberries

I've said it before and I'll say it again. That Benjamin Franklin had it all wrong. It's huckleberries that serve as proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Perhaps I speak for myself - but it rings very, very true in this moment.

This past month has effectively rivaled any and every other in terms of busyness for me. Wow. I'm still not caught up. I'm still actually quite overwhelmed. But I'm coping. Credit due to the simple pleasures - a bowl full of berries, a nice talk with a loving friend, taking one extra run as fast as I can between lessons.

Life is good. Life is abundant. I'm swimming in it. And I love it.

A few newsworthy haps...
I bought a car, and it runs like a champ - mega improvement. Civic bit the dust. I sold it for $450 cash and an Ipod.

Ski season is wrapping up, bittersweet sunset on another beautiful year in the Wasatch, have met and kept some wonderful relationships, skied often and been well.

I am now a licensed and registered business owner. This has been a huge endeavor, and will continue as such while I set up office-y stuff; quarterly reports, payroll, tax withholding, etc. I confess... I love it.

If I can work my business just right, I'll still be able to spend half my summer on the river, the dirty one AND the clear one. That makes my heart sing just thinking about it! And you know what happens in August, right?

... Huckleberry harvest.

:)
JH

2 comments:

Destiny said...

I love huckleberries!! I am jealous you are eating them!

How are you? How is then new car? What are you doing this summer?

Doug & Randi said...

Remember when you slept on my porch? So what is your new business?? PS... That picture is sweet (at the top of yer blog).