In case you haven't seen the TED talk linked to the left side over there, right beneath my profile, you might want to. A few times, even, maybe. That little number changed and continues to change my life - which really has been quite full of change. A big part of that comes from having parents who are radically different from one another and also got divorced - having to bounce back and forth between different houses, lifestyles, rules, habits, everything. Absolute torture and an opportunity to foster resilience and dynamism, all at the same time, and the foundation for the whole gypsy lifestyle I've pursued in my years on my own.
A few things I've learned or been thinking of, lately...
- Being smart isn't worth anything at all if one can't figure out how to be happy, too.
- Being "cool" has zero street value if one can't also be kind and authentic.
- Generally, situations are what you make them, and just about everything requires hard work.
- When I don't take things personally but instead look for the bigger picture or deeper factors, the more accepting I am of others.
- Creativity isn't easy to foster and give breathing room in the messy chaos of life, which makes it even more rewarding and beautiful when it rises and exists.
- Changing the setting may let the character emerge in a rewarding or even necessary way. Transplanting myself to new places has always helped evoke the purest things in me yet I am what I am, no matter where I carry that to.
- The internet and a smart phone practically makes it possible to be a little bit of everywhere, all at once, on demand - which is about as good or as bad a thing as one makes of it.
That's it for now, more words coming soon. Peep the vid!
Peace and love.